Click here for a PDF version of our contract http://saveamuttkennel.info/saveamuttcontract.pdf
Please note that we have to have your hand written signature on this contract. So the best way to get it to us is to print, complete it, and fax it to us. Or you can print, complete it, scan, save it to your computer and then email it to us as an attachment.
If you do not have a fax machine you can use the free online web based fax service at http://www.faxzero.com.
Save A Mutt Kennel Adoption Contract
THIS ADOPTION CONTRACT is made and entered on this day, ____, of ______ 20___- between SAVE A MUTT KENNEL (herein after referred to as Kennel), and ______________________________ (herein after referred to as ADOPTER, whether one or more persons). WHEREAS, in order to protect abandoned dogs, the Kennel does accept for placement from individuals, animal shelters, humane societies and other persons and entities, dogs which are homeless, and WHEREAS, the Kennel does attempt to place such dogs where possible in suitable homes in consideration for the payment of a fee determined in each case. NOW, THEREFORE, it is agreed as follows:
1. Kennel does agree to place for adoption the following described dog (hereinafter referred to as Pet) with the Adopter.
Dog/Cat/Other (Please circle)
Breed or Mixes there of:
2. Adopter agrees that the pet will be kept as a home companion and will share Adopter’s home being given the same considerations, as would a human family member.
3. Adopter will not use, nor will he/she allow the pet to be used for any illegal purpose. Adopter agrees that the pet will not be attack or protection trained and will not be used for guard work in any commercial endeavor.
4. IF FOR ANY REASON ADOPTER IS UNABLE TO KEEP THE PET FOR ITS ENTIRE LIFE, ADOPTER MUST CONTACT SAVE A MUTT KENNEL AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO RETURN THE PET. ANY RETURNS WILL BE AT THE ADOPTER’S EXPENSE! ADOPTER AGREES NOT TO SELL, GIVE AWAY, OR DISPOSE OF THE PET IN ANY OTHER MANNER (EXCEPT EUTHANASIA FOR MEDICAL REASONS AT THE ADVICE OF A LICENSED VETERINARIAN) WITHOUT PRIOR CONSENT IN WRITING from Save A Mutt Kennel.
5. It is expressly understood that the KENNEL places the PET with no warranty as to the physical condition or temperament of the dog. Purchaser ACCEPTS THE PET AS IS WITH ALL DEFECTS, EITHER OBSERVABLE OR UNOBSERVABLE, AND ASSUMES ALL RISK FOR SUCH PET FROM THE DATE OF SIGNING OF THIS CONTRACT! Initial______
6. Purchaser agrees to care for the pet in a humane manner, including but not limited to providing water, premium quality food, shelter, exercise and veterinary care, including annual inoculations, for the duration of said pet's life, all in a manner satisfactory to the Kennel.
7. Adopter agrees to provide monthly heartworm preventative to the dog on a year round basis.
8. Adopter agrees to provide a fenced enclosure appropriate for the size of Pet. When a fenced enclosure is not available the pet must protected by being on a leash. A FENCED YARD IS NOT A REQUIREMENT!
10. Adopter agrees that at no time will the pet be transported in the open bed of a pickup truck, or left in a vehicle when the outside temperature exceeds 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Adopter agrees to notify Kennel of any change of telephone number and/or address within two weeks of such change.
12. Adopter agrees to notify Kennel IMMEDIATELY by phone in the event the Pet is lost or stolen, and at the time of its death. Kennel reserves the right to request and receive a veterinarian's 'cause of death' statement in the event of the dog's death.
13. The Kennel has no prior knowledge of the temperament/behavior of the Pet.
14. Adopter assumes all responsibility for the Pet’s actions after the effective date of this Sale Contract as first set forth on page one. Adopter agrees to hold the Kennel and its Representatives harmless from any and all liability associated with any illness of the Pet, or damage or injury caused hereafter by said dog. Initial______
15. Should Purchaser breach any of the agreements contained in this ADOPTION Contract, the Kennel shall have the right to rescind this ADOPTION Contract and demand return of the Pet. Should Adopter fail to return the Pet to the kennel , kennel may seek an Order from a Court of competent jurisdiction for the return of said Pet in addition to any sum paid for the Pet pursuant to this Adoption Contract plus attorney's fees and court costs.
16. Adopters(s) pledge to give the new Pet a minimum of 1 month to adjust to the new home environment. If the purchaser must return the Pet at anytime, they must allow Kennel two weeks to find placement in a suitable foster home. During this two week period the adopter must foster the Pet, or pay boarding fees until the dog can be moved into the new placement OR Purchaser must bring the Pet back to Save A Mutt Kennel at their own expense! In the event of a return, the sale fee will not be refunded.
17: Adopter agrees to home visitations within the first year by a Representative of Save A Mutt Kennel, if the Adopter feels the need to verify the Pet is taken care of.
18: The typical characteristics and temperament of the pet have been explained to me.
A. I have been advised that the Pet can sometimes dig, chew, soil, an exhibit other undesirable traits unless properly supervised, confined, and trained. Proper training is a must.
B. I have been advised that the Pet may have been neglected, mistreated, or abused and that special care or precautions may be required.
C. I have been advised that the Pet will need time to adjust to new routines, new family and new surroundings. This adjustment period may be anywhere from a few days to several months. In addition, I/WE are aware that the Pet may need training in basic house manners(including potty training)initial _______
D. I agree to carefully introduce the new Pet to the existing dogs or cats. Coming to a new home is stressful for the new pet and existing pets. Careful introduction is a must. Your new pet needs time and space to adjust to the surroundings and your existing animals need to feel they are not being replaced or crowded. Introducing the new Pet can result in growling, barking, submissive urination and other undesirable behavior. Properly managing the introductions is therefore important.
19. Every effort is made to make sure that any Pet That is placed in rescue is thoroughly evaluated for it’s temperament, health, physical soundness and over all adoptability before it is offered for adoption. However the Seller cannot guarantee the health or temperament of said pet. We have no documentation on the actual breed unless otherwise provided. The cost for medical care after placement is the sole responsibility of the adopter(s). We strongly encourage you to consider insurance for your new pet. Initial_______
20. It is further agreed that if the Adopters(s) fail to perform any of those acts which he/she has guaranteed to perform, that the Kennel may, at it’s option, revoke this agreement and retake possession of the pet with the Adopters(s) forfeiting the any further right to the Pet. Adopting Party agrees to hold harmless and release Save A Mutt Kennel/or it’s members, volunteers and other individuals working for and/or assisting with kennel from all liability, claims and/or causes of action arising from any acts, injury and/or occurrences engaged in and/or caused by the Pet subject to this agreement, as well as indemnification for damages, court costs, and/or attorney’s fees incurred by the Kennel and/or it’s members for any court proceedings relating to such matters.
21. Adopter assumes all responsibility for the Pet’s actions from this point forward. Adopter agrees to hold Save A Mutt Kennel harmless from any and all liability associated with any illness of the Pet, or damage or injury caused hereafter by said Pet. All pets will be current on age appropriate vaccinations (vaccines are either given by our vet or we do them ourselves (the ones we can legally give). All pets are de-wormed on a regular schedule, but we do not give any warranty that the pet is parasite free. All pets over 6 months old will be altered before they leave our rescue. All dogs over 6 months old will be on heartworm preventive. Any pet that is adopted under 6 months old, the adopter agrees to have altered at their own expense. We request valid proof from the attending vet that the surgery was done. The only exception would be that it be medically necessary to wait. I would request proof of such claim by your vet. Failure to have the pet altered by the given date will result in revocation of this contract and we will be repossess the animal, whether it be by free will or court action. Initial______
22: Other fees that may or may not be associated with the Adoption of the said Pet.
A: We microchip our adopted pets . If your pet has been microchipped, you must register your information with the microchip company no more than 24 hrs after your pet comes home. Information will be provided on how to do this. It only costs $10.99 to do a one time registration. If you do not register your information and your pet gets lost the chip will do no good. You agree to abide by our requirement and register the microchip in your name! Initial____
All fees are payable cash/money order or credit /debit card/pay pal and Certified Bank Check made out to Save A Mutt Kennel. All fees have to be paid prior to your pet being shipped.
You agree that you are fully aware that any fees paid to Save A Mutt Kennel relating to adoption are non refundable!
23. This contract is to be governed by the laws of the State of VA!
24: Health Guarantee: No one can guarantee the health of any pet 100 % but, In the event that a pet purchased from our kennel dies WITHIN 14 DAYS of the date that you take physical possession of the pet and the death is due to neglect on our part, we will give you a pet of equal value FREE OF CHARGE OR we will refund your adoption fee. We require written and verifiable documentation from a licensed vet stating the cause of death. If you fail to provide the documentation to us within 5 days of the death, this offer is void and you forfeit any right to a replacement. We will not reimburse for vet bills or any other charges related to the pet after it leaves our care. We however will pay the transport fee to have the replacement pet transported to you by a transporter of our choice. Please sign your full name below, stating that you understand all the above. Initial______
25: The adopter acknowledges that they will be responsible for abiding by the laws of their home state regarding importing a pet across their state lines.Initial____
Notice: We reserve the right to back out of an adoption AT ANY POINT that we feel we have just cause to take such action. In the event that WE DECIDE that we don't want to follow through with the adoption we will refund the fees in full to the person in question.
Signature of Purchaser: ____________________________Date: __________________
Street Address: ___________________________________________
Home Phone: ______________________________________________
Mail Email Address__________________________________________
Alternate Email Address______________________________________
Save A Mutt Kennel/or any representative of Save A Mutt Kennel, CANNOT VOUCH FOR THE TEMPERAMENT, HEALTH, OR LINE OF THE DOG/CAT, OTHER THAN STATED IN THIS CONTRACT, AS THE DOG/CAT MAY HAVE BEEN IN AN UNUSUAL SITUATION, AND IN MANY CASES WITHOUT HISTORY, AND MAY NOT SHOW ITS TRUE NATURE OR HEALTH FOR SOME TIME AFTER PLACEMENT.
Please return to: Save A Mutt Kennel P.O Box 178, Ararat VA, 24053
Office:336-443-0648 Fax: 866-927-9756